Sunday, September 26, 2010

Words

I don't remember ever eating dates, buckwheat, "pure" maple syrup, sun-dried tomato's, coconut oil, olive oil, seaweed, kale, chard, or chia before embarking on a raw food adventure. These foods were not in my diet or social circle of friends diets either. But now, I happily delight in gourmet dishes of raw delicacies using these ingredients.

There are strange & unusual words in the raw food world that I've learned. Words like sprout, dehydrate & enzymes have taken on new meaning. Words like vegetable slicer(spiralizer), vitamix, & excalibur have become paramount in this journey. Organic, GMO(genetically modified organism or God move over), & high fructose corn syrup have become important words to pay attention to. Then there are words from around the world like agave, stevia, kefir, kelp, dulse, sea salt, brazil nuts, burdock root, irish moss, maple sugar, olive oil, flax, maca, lucuma, & mesquite.  Lastly there's "raw food" which has taken new, in depth, delightful, & healing meaning. I hope to learn more & continue my rawness & be able to share more with others too. Will you learn & share too?

No comments:

Post a Comment