Sunday, March 7, 2010

GMO(Genetically Modified Organisms)

Some call them "Engineered foods" or "GM Foods" but I prefer the term Genetically Modified ORGANISMS.

In the early 1990's a genetically modified organism called the FlavrSavr tomato started us eating GMO's.

When things are forced into food like arctic fish genes into tomatoes so they resist frost longer or jellyfish genes into potatoes so they'll glow when thirsty then that's a GMO. The possibilities are endless.

Weed Killer really works, it will kill just about anything but thanks to GMO's, commercial farms can use lots & lots of weed killer & not worry about hurting their crops. This is because some commercial crops like soy, corn, or canola seeds have been genetically modified to contain the weed killer inside the seeds so that the plants will grow with the weed killer as part of the actual plant. Therefore, the farmer can spray lots more weed killer all over his farm to kill everything except his genetically modified plants. Do you want to eat those plants?

Search GMO foods & see what you can find out about what your eating & ask yourself why? I just did a quick search & found this linkCLICK HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog. Our family is just getting started on living on live foods. One book my daughter checked out from the library is called 'Living On Live Food" by Alissa Cohen. It's by far one of the best raw foods books I've seen so far. I called Powell Books last week and they had several in stock for $18.95 I called yesterday and they were ALL sold! but I'll keep trying as they cost $29.99 on Alissa Cohen's website. Blessings~ JoAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you JoAnna. I'm so glad to hear that you are learning about live foods. The library also has raw food dvd's like Alissa Cohen's. Another book I like is Raw Transformation by Wendy Rudell

    ReplyDelete