Thursday, March 1, 2012

Choose the Good

I saw an Oprah television episode where Oprah had a man on her show that wrote a book called "Does this Clutter make my butt look fat?" and on that show the phrase "Choose the Good" was repeated many times. I liked that.

I have heard so much about the book Nourishing Traditions and plan to read it someday. The premise is that meat is ok & has been used for centuries in various healthy ways.

But today's meat is not the same, as centuries ago. Pasture raised, or meats in the wild or grass fed to slaughter meats are the only meats I want to eat. I don't want GMO fed animals. If animals are grain fed that usually means they are fed GMO corn, GMO soy, GMO flax, or other GMO food. If animals are organic then at least when they are fed organic corn, organic soy, organic flax etc. & organic is not GMO (genetically modified). This goes for all dairy products too since dairy comes from animals. I want the dairy to be organic or grass fed butters.

Another aspect to incorporating meats and dairy into my diet is to use them sparingly like a seasoning and not at every meal.

So, I have learned how to be vegan, I have learned how to be raw, and after being 100% raw for awhile and 100% cooked vegan for awhile I am now much more prepared to incorporate animal products back into my diet as long as I use them sparingly and choose the good animal products like grass fed or pasture raised or organic.Choose the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment