Sunday, June 19, 2011

Meat products as food.

The previous article is another reason to not eat meat or meat products.

I love meat & meat products, oohhww especially cheeses, but the more I learn, the more I want to stay away from it, even though I love the tastes. I'm sure that if I wasn't raised on meats, then I probably wouldn't like meats that much.

I'm afraid to eat bugs because I might love to eat them too, however they may be a better alternative someday then other meats and mainly free if you can catch them in your neighborhood.

Meat & it's products are acidic. An acidic body can grow more disease than an alkaline body, so it's important to keep your body on the alkaline side.

Some even say that cancer cannot grow in an alkaline body. I bought some ph testing strips to test myself & see how acidic or alkaline my body is. An easy way to remember a good alkaline number is 7 days a week (7.365) and 365 days a year. So when testing, the number should be around 7.36.

There have been studies showing that vegetarians (who don't eat processed foods) are more healthier than carnivores, and raw food has more healing effects than vegetarian. (studies are mentioned in a book called "Becoming Raw".

I also understand the people who don't want to "take a life"(of an animal) in order to eat a meal if they don't have to, & I just look into a cute animals eyes, pet them and I find myself wanting to take an animal home to be my pet rather than take a bite out of it.

There are lots of Ecoli & food recalls that involve meat. The factory farming methods are not good either.

So, even though I am a carnivore I find myself having more of a conscious awareness about meat products & I am wanting to shy away from them more & more.

I just finished reading the book called "The China Study" & it really hit me & made me even more willing to become vegan. I never in my life thought I'd even seriously think about being vegan because I love the tastes of meat products, creams, cheeses, all different meats like ham, chicken, fish, etc. but this new knowledge that I am coming across & the studies that have been done that I'm reading about are seriously reasons to be vegan.

The health crisis is OUT OF CONTROL in the United States & other countries are not far behind. There is a push for telling people that food doesn't make that much of a difference. Well, if you read the books that I do & see the documentary movies that I see & talk to people who have cured themselves with changing their foods to raw or vegan & NOTHING PROCESSED then you too will know that food does change peoples lives DRAMATICALLY.

It sounds way too simple but really it's way too hard for most people to change their eating habits, shop at different places, & finding extra time to do all this, go back to cooking from scratch & doing all the extra dishes that come along with that. Food is a lifestyle & changing your diet is a lifestyle change. But if you don't do it then your life will change by the medicine's, surgeries, & ailments that will come upon you. This isn't a threat or a prediction this is statistically what is happening in this country & I just talk to people in my neighborhood.

I can't wait to see the new movie called "Forks over Knives". (about changing your diet using a fork or your life will change with the surgery of a knife cutting you open when you get heart disease.)

No comments:

Post a Comment