Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2 Weeks Off Raw=14 pound gain

I am checking in with you all & I’m telling you that I was doing perfect on raw. Well, as close to 100% as I know how (meaning things like Agave, aren’t considered raw by some, but I consider it close enough of a product of nature, for me). I was doing GREAT! & getting thin & in shape, YA!

Then I have friends, friends who are not raw. Friends who I visit & end up staying at their house long enough to start fasting because I get so hungry. There are no organic anything in their house, just processed food. The cooked & processed junk food I used to eat & like. The food that the government says is healthy, like meat & potatoes. No filtered water either & I’d already drank all that I’d brought. My friends have lots of sodas to offer me. I end up caving in & eating, which immediately drugs my body full of chemicals, hormones, genetically modified organisms, pesticides, & I don’t know what else.

I have a dear friend who is living with cancer & is getting brain Chemo. I feel very bad for her, she is a dear friend & only in her 40’s. I went out to eat with her to a restaurant one night (nothing organic was there either). Then I went out to a buffet restaurant another day (again nothing organic). I really enjoyed spending these times with my dear friend and I enjoyed some of the food & desserts too. However, I felt like I had been given drugs that I was addicted to.

These events started me off of raw & even though I came home & ate most of the time after these events, I for some reason continued off of raw. I did however eat organic or non-gmo at home. But I gained about a pound a day, making the 2 week non-raw eating a total gain of about 14 pounds. WOW!

So, the point is that there are not enough raw, organic, non-gmo stores or restaurants around to go to, if one desired good quality healthy foods. Also, I don’t know enough raw food recipes (that I like anyway) in order to pack a lunch & dinner if needed, when I’m out. Also, my emotions (& friends) play an important role in my eating choices.

I’ve heard it said that in raw, there are no wagons to fall off of, so you don’t have to get back on the wagon. You just need to enjoy the time spent doing other things, then look forward to what you are doing & going to do. I know that as I learn new recipes, & how to store more ingredients so that they are ready for raw recipes, then I will be better prepared & more successful in continuing the raw journey of life. My journey now continues……

No comments:

Post a Comment