Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Path to Mostly Raw

Ok, so the 1st thing I did raw was to go to a Whole foods cooking class & learn how to make my own almond milk. I came home made it & have been making it ever since(I even use it for cooking/baking/cereal etc.)

The next thing I did was to get an Excalibur dehydrator (dried the almonds from making milk) (made fruit leather/roll-ups)

I noticed that online a lot of rawists peel their bananas & put them in the freezer so that when they want to make a cold smoothie or use the banana they have it. So I just got some bananas, took the peels off broke them in 1/2, put them into a freezer ziplock bag & into my freezer they went. Wow! I am turning into a raw foodist little by little Yay!

Next I got a Vitamix Blender(Needed to get smooth smoothies using more of the fruits/veggies)

Then I planted an organic veggie garden.

I looked for more Raw Food recipes that were substitutes for SAD (standard American Diet) things. Like raw pizza, raw noodles & alfredo sauce, raw refried beans, raw bacon etc.& of course desserts. Now these recipes sound familiar but are made using nuts, veggies, nutritional yeast, young coconuts & things like that.

I am amazed at how filling & satisfying raw food is. In the SAD diet food, I could eat all night munching at a party off the platters. But with raw foods it gives the body a mixture of whole foods that are nutritionally more able to be used by the body & the food is sooo much more filling & satisfying. Raw foodists are not likely to be overfed & undernourished like in the SAD diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment